So I have a copy of the second edition (which is the current version), and it's pretty out of date, as it uses Rails 2.2.2. When I first read the book, 2.2.2 was reasonable, but trying to do Rails 2.2.X now is actually a bit difficult: Rails 2.3.5 or 2.3.8 is probably the oldest Rails anyone coming to Rails should try to use, whereas Rails 3 is probably too new to start with.
I know the Pragmatic Programmer folks are revising the book and hope to have the Rails 3 version published by the end of 2010. Obie's Rails 3 Way is available in Rough Cuts on Safari, and should be out early this Fall.
It's probably too much to ask that the 3rd edition mentions RVM, but we can always hope. That's what I'm using to do the coding from the book, and, I'm actually using 2.3.8, not 2.2.2.
No comments:
Post a Comment